Tuesday, May 20, 2008

OBAMA SAYS HE'S "NOT FAMILIAR" WITH THE HANFORD NUKE SITE DESPITE VOTING ON IT IN THE PAST (12-19-05 5:53 PM)

**Welcome Readers HOT AIR, MEDIA MYTHBUSTERS, RADIO PATRIOT, BLOGMEISTER USA, MARATHON PUNDIT, MICHELLE MALKIN, MELANIE MORGAN, REDSTATE**

***AP DOING DAMAGE CONTROL

The transcript via Michelle Malkin's site:

"Here’s something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that is that I’m not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I promise you I’ll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride back to the airport."

Here's the question: Why would Obama answer the way he did when he's voted on the Hanford site in the past?

H.R. 1815 [109th]: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2006--introduced by Rep. Duncan Hunter. (btw, Duncan'$ boy i$ running for congre$$--he could u$e your help)

The bill's summary section:

Section 3114 -
Directs the Secretary to submit to the defense and appropriations committees any reports received from the Army Corps of Engineers evaluating costs, schedules, and technical issues associated with the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant Project at the DOE Hanford Site.

The bill's details:

Introduced--Apr 26, 2005
Scheduled for Debate--May 20, 2005
Amendments (10 proposed) [details]
Passed House [details]--May 25, 2005
Passed Senate--Nov 15, 2005
Differences Resolved--Dec 19, 2005
Signed by President--Jan 6, 2006

Obama's vote on H.R. 1815 via Govtrack (scroll down to Illinois)

Obama's vote via his official website agrees with Govtrack--senate vote 360.

As does the U.S. Senate site--senate vote 360 taken on 12-19-05 at 5:53 PM.

Again, why would Obama say he's not familiar with Hanford? With a little more searching--I'll leave that to you--I bet you could find more Hanford legislation that he's voted on.

Wondering out loud here--Does Obama not read a bill's text before voting on it? Is he instructed by Durbin on how he's to vote? Does he hate doing his homework? Was he spending too much time with Ayers and Rezko? Or, maybe he doesn't give a rat's a** about legislation this important? Go figure.

I'd just love to know what the policy wonk said to him on the ride back to the airport...

Again, the transcript:

"Here’s something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that is that I’m not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I promise you I’ll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride back to the airport."

Is it me, or does The ObamaChrist seem a bit inexperienced...kinda like Jimmy Carter?

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com