Friday, November 04, 2005

NOTHING BUT TROUBLE--**UPDATED**

I know there's a lot of other important stuff going on in the world, but I can't pass up a chance to showcase one of the NFL's biggest a-holes.

Yes, Terrell is back at it again. Is he talented? You bet he is. Is he worth the trouble? Nope. Any team that enters into a contract with Owens deserves everything he brings to the table.

Terrell had his feelin's hurt recently, threw a snit-fit and had to apologize:

"Owens apologized to the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday, one day after blasting the organization for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch two weeks ago."

And here he actually learns something:

"I've had an opportunity to talk with the Eagles organization and I have learned that the team does not recognize individual achievements," Owens said in a prepared statement. "It has been brought to my attention that I have offended the organization and my teammates. Therefore, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments toward them."

After all these years in the NFL, Terrell finally learns that he's ON A TEAM!! Imagine that. I guess it ain't all about you, Terrell. Cheer up, though, the Eagles are 4-3, so your season's about over, and then you'll have plenty of time to bask in the glow of your incredibly over-inflated ego.

This week the Eagles are playing the Redskins (4-3)--ESPN, Sunday Night Football. If the owner of the Eagles has at least two brain cells running around in his head, he'll have Owens watch the game from the bench.

***UPDATE*** ESPN just announced (noon Saturday) that T.O. has been suspended indefinitely. Although I think this should've happened a long time ago, I have to give the owner and coaching staff credit for taking this action. Read the story at ESPN.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com