Monday, October 03, 2005

ABC SACKS MELANIE MORGAN

Friday, September 30th, Melanie Morgan, co-host of San Francisco's #1 rated drive-time radio show was told she was no longer working for the station. Melanie does a popular show on KSFO 560 AM, "The Lee Rodgers and Melanie Morgan Show." Here's some details from an email she sent:

"My contract with KSFO was set to expire on Friday. My agent had been in negotiations with the station manager of KSFO (an ABC owned and operated station). We had already worked out the 'big issues' - I had agreed to a very small increase in salary and did not have any major demands. I thought everything would be routine. During my time at KSFO we have emerged as one of the highest rated local radio programs in the nation. Certainly the station had to appreciate that!?!

But, for some reason, the negotiations hit a brick wall and I was asked to accept a number of bizarre compromises. My agent tried to work through the issues but I was told that for some reason the station was playing hardball. I was told on Thursday that Friday morning would be my last day of employment. I was to turn in my ABC card key that allowed me access to the building."

Something definitely stinks here. Though Melanie didn't mention it specifically, I'm sure this has something to do with her chairing MOVE AMERICA FORWARD. Recently, MAF organized a bus caravan to Crawford, Texas, and one to Washington D. C., to show support for our troops. Both trips were in direct response and opposition to Mother Sheehan's anti-war rallies.

Yes, something stinks here. More later...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com