Thursday, March 01, 2007

"BY THE ORDERS OF THEIR OWN HEART"

NOTE: I'm home from the hospital, taking many drugs and trying to get strong. Later, when I'm a little more clear in the head, I will attempt to show my deep appreciation for what you did for me while I was in the hospital. Suffice it to say I would not be home now if not for the outpouring of support you gave me. Words can not begin to describe what you've done for me.

Today I am posting about an interview Andrea Shea-King will be conducting Friday. It's an important interview and I couldn't be prouder of Andrea for putting it together.

Last Monday, President Bush presented LTC Bruce Crandall with the Medal Of Honor for his bravery at Landing Zone X-RAY back in November 1965. Today, many people are enjoying their lives, their families, children and grandchildren because of this man. Crandall was not alone in his efforts in the Valley Of Death, but this is the week we, as a nation, pay tribute to him.

The anti-war Left would like for you to hang your head in shame at the mere mention of Viet Nam. I do not hang my head in shame nor should you. In fact, I am prouder than I've ever been of the men and women who served in Viet Nam. Their efforts deserve to be honored.

Radio Patriots has the details of Friday's interview.

Here's the President's words to Crandall as he presented him with the MOH.

And YouTube will tell the rest of the story. (Voiceover by Sgt-Major Basil Plumley--Sam Elliot of "We Were Soldiers." Perfect.


|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com