Tuesday, May 08, 2007

IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY TO HAVE AN OPINION

We have another year-and-a-half to go before we cast our votes for the next president, and I'm already sick of the whole thing. Politics, especially at the national level, have always been a nasty business, but this election cycle is surely going to take the process to a new low.

Now that the games have begun, some of you have a feel for the candidates and how they'll do as season progresses. I know I do. So far, I'm certain of one thing: McCain will not be the next president. In order to be the president, you must be the party's nominee, and McCain won't be that man. When he gave that speech at VMI I thought he was back in it. I was wrong. The man's tired. His last chance was in 2000 and now it's over. That's politics.

David A. Keene, Chairman of the American Conservative Union, has sketched out his views on the current crop of republicans seeking the White House. Not that it means anything, but we agree on McCain:

"I can be proven wrong, but McCain is dying a slow political death right now," Keene tells me over lunch at BLT Steak in Washington. "There are a number of reasons for that...."

Read the entire article here.--I'm sure we'll be discussing this topic on the radio show, so we'd appreciate your views as well. And, if you've posted about a candidate, let us know.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com