Wednesday, August 08, 2012

A Patriot's Final Journey

Dave Logan 1956 - 2012

"The only greater sorrow would have been not to know him, right?" -- Dymphna of Gates of Vienna

"ThirdWaveDave" Dave Logan has entered into the beauty of God's Kingdom. He left us shortly after the medical team removed him from the life sustaining measures yesterday morning. Blessedly, he did not linger long.

We will be planning a celebration of Dave's life in the weeks ahead. Dave was not one to call a lot of attention to himself as many of you know. A private man, his final wishes were simple -- Dave asked me to spread his ashes on the beach here in Cape Canaveral. It will be my honor and privilege. Details are yet to be determined, but once plans are made, I'll keep you apprised.

Several of you have indicated that you want to be present when that happens. I would like that very much and I'll let you know when the date is set to take place, giving you ample time to make whatever travel arrangements are necessary.

I want to take this moment to thank each of you who have been so kind to send me caring notes following this morning's email about Dave. Your words have been a source of comfort to me on this very sad day. I truly appreciate your sympathy and wonderful remembrances of Dave. I don't think he had any idea the impact he had on so many of you, especially those of you in our extensive blogging community.

As you will understand, I won't be doing my radio show tonight. But it is my intention to dedicate a show in Dave's honor in the near future, and I hope you'll join me when I do.

Once again, my heartfelt thank you for your kindnesses. And for your friendship for both Dave and me.

Blessings to you all,

Andrea



Many of Dave's friends have posted remembrances at their Facebook pages. Others at their websites. They include:

Mr. Right
Radio Patriot - Dave's final journey
Radio Patriot - Our patriot Dave fighting to live


Labels: , , ,

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com