Thursday, May 26, 2005

OPERATION: NEW MARKET

To be honest with you, I hate the name Operation New Market. It reminds me of Operation Market Garden, and you know how that turned out for Monty and his troops. I love the Brits, but I'd rather not be reminded of a failed mission when I read the news about our troops. I'm sure the Brits wouldn't mind forgetting that one, either.

I got to thinking, who the hell names these operations, anyway? What happened to the days of great operational names like "Overlord" and "Linebacker" and "Rolling Thunder?" Solid names with some punch.

We can do better with operational names, I'm sure. For example, try these on for size:

OPERATION: YOU SCREWED THE POOCH.
OPERATION: GIT 'ER DONE.
OPERATION: YOU'RE A DEAD MAN.
OPERATION: WHERE YA SLEEPIN' TONIGHT?
OPERATION: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

You get the idea. Now send me your best OPERATIONAL NAMES and I'll post some of them here.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com