Sunday, April 17, 2005

FONDA ON HARDBALL

I was wrong about how Chris Matthews would treat Fonda the other night; he was harder on her than I ever would've thought. So far this interview was the toughest she'd faced since going public with the autobio. I was wrong.

At times I felt bad for Fonda when pressed into a corner by Matthews; it was obvious she was at a loss for words and a reasonable explanation for her actions. She didn't seem sure of herself when hit with follow-up questions, something she rarely has to face.

I couldn't put my finger on it, but she seemed to be getting old, dotty, as a friend put it, or medicated. She certainly was confused.

Fonda was trying to have it both ways, saying she made a mistake being photographed at the gunsite, but her motivations were correct. No matter how you cut it, treason is treason.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com