Tuesday, June 27, 2006

LAT, NYT: ENEMIES WITHIN

The LA Times tries to explain why it decided to expose the U.S. Treasury Department and its efforts to monitor worldwide money transfers. Keep in mind, they (Treasury) are doing this in an effort to locate "terrorist" funding, funding that will be used to kill Americans--that's you, me, and your family.

Their explanation doesn't wash with me, and it starts with this statement:

"We sometimes withhold information when we believe that reporting it would threaten a life."

The editor is either trying to do Bush harm or he's an idiot. You pick. Both the LAT and the NYT should be taken to task for this exposure. Clearly, neither has our best interests at heart. You can call the USAG and urge him to take action: 1-202-353-1555. Malkin has more here.

**************
Quote of the Day:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."--Jonathan Swift. (Thx, Mark Vance)

This is why it isn't a good idea to engage with liberals when it comes to politics and the "fight for America's survival." It's a waste of time.

However, the other day I found myself commenting on something Tamarika said over at Paul's blog. Her statement was so outrageous that I couldn't help myself.

In my post I made reference to her bio. In it she mentioned her "life partner" and I "assumed" that meant an alternative lifestyle (lesbian). In my universe, "life partner" doesn't mean a traditional relationship: husband-wife, boyfriend-girlfriend, ect. In hindsight, that comment wasn't necessary nor appropriate. Please accept my apology, Tamarika.

Additionally, the movie reference was out of line, too, so here's another one.

On the other hand, the "wingnut" comment IS necessary AND appropriate, and still stands.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com