Monday, June 23, 2008

GEORGE CARLIN 1937-2008

Some say Carlin was way out there when it came to his observations of life in the U.S., or anywhere, for that matter. His routines could get edgy and uncomfortable--depending on where you stood on an issue. But overall, this guy was a comedic genius. I have one of his books, "Brain Droppings", and it's funny from start to finish. The bonus, though, was that his comedy often left you thinking, which is rare in the comedy industry. Thinking is good...or bad, as he observes in this routine about education: (since it's Carlin, language warning)



Funny? You bet. And if you have a brain, it should make you think. I posted something along these lines not that long ago. Of course, I didn't use the harsh language, but between you and me, I was thinking it.

One of my favorite Carlin observations:

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show; when you're born in America, you get a front row seat."

Can't argue with that.

**Carlin on "Saving the Planet" --An Al Gore Favorite!!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com