Thursday, April 14, 2011

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE... REGISTERED TO VOTE

This story is via Drudge. After looking through their voter registration rolls, Ohio state officials have found 18,460 corpses who are registered to vote. In a move to improve the integrity of their voting systems, they're removing these people--corpses--from the "active" voter roles. Seems reasonable. But wait...

The story is short
and basically all it says is what I wrote above. But I noted that the reporter failed to ask the obvious follow-on questions: 1. Did any of these dead folk vote in the last election? 2. If they did, where did they vote and who did they vote for?

I would think that Ohio state officials could determine the answers to my questions within a few simple keystrokes. Also, I would think that any politician who lost a close election back in Nov '10 would be most interested in the answers to my questions.


***

Labels: , , ,

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com