Wednesday, March 09, 2005

DAN'S LAST EVENING

This morning on Fox News, they ran Cronkite's sign off from back in 1981. This brought back memories for me, because even back then I was a news junkie and rarely missed a broadcast of the CBS Evening News. I taped his final parting words (audio) and still have the tape.

In '81 there were 3 choices for news and I chose Walter. CBS was always the choice in our house when I was a little kid, so I guess that's how I ended up always watching Walter. I remember watching Douglas Edwards too. What a voice that guy had.

Fox showed a few clips of other famous news readers giving their final broadcasts. I especially liked David Brinkley's parting words: "All's well that ends well."

Dan Rather's 24 year run didn't end well, but at least it ended.

All's well.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com