Tuesday, May 16, 2006

THE AFTERMATH

I watched the speech on the Fox News channel, so I missed CNN's so-called mistake that made Bush look unpresidential during this prime time speech to the nation. Just a mistake, I'm sure.

So, I sat down to view Bush's speech with a bottle of scotch, a glass, and some ice. About halfway through the speech, I dispensed with the glass and began drinking straight from the bottle. The content of the speech was hard to swallow; the scotch wasn't.

Most of us knew ahead of time how this speech was going to unfold, hence the scotch, and, I suppose, this would be a good time to pile on Bush and begin the beating. But, he's my president, we're at war, and I know in my heart of hearts that he didn't give the speech he wanted to give; he gave the one that political realities in Washington D.C. dictated he give. He's my president and I still support him. We, the people, have much more work to do.

Bush's speech has the blogs humming:

Powerline

Michelle Malkin and Hot Air

Common Sense America

Of note: Kitty at Kitty Litter posted about the meltdown at Polipundit, where they had to halt some blogging privileges, temporarily, because of infighting over the immigration issue. As a result, it appears that Lori Byrd will be leaving the blog. This is surprising and it highlights just how divisive this issue has become within conservative circles. Pat at Brainster has more.

Kitty is requesting your ideas on solutions to the immigration problem. Have at it.


Here's the post from the owner of Polipundit explaining what happened. And here's what could be Lori's final post with her explanation.

Instead of attacking Bush at this time, maybe we should give him an assist, instead. We, the people, have much more work to do.

------------------CPR FOR THE HEART OF AMERICA-MAY 16TH


Andrea Shea-King and Mark Vance have invited me to come on the radio with them and give my views on Bush's speech. Because I have some place to be around that time, I may not make it, but I'll try my best.

Today's show, Constitutional Public Radio, will no doubt be heated. Tune them in from 3-5 PM EST on WWBC 1510 AM, streaming live on the web. Andrea and Mark will take your calls on-air at 1-800-648-1437

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com