Monday, August 14, 2006

GIVING AMERICA THE FINGER--AGAIN

Scanning the news this morning I ran across a story that nearly knocked me out of my chair.

PEPSICO promoted Indra Nooyi to CEO.

What?! I am pissed off all over again. However, I realize there isn't a damn thing you can do except reflect on this outrageous story. Pepsico owns everything and they don't think a bunch of bloggers are going to stop them, and they'd be right. Nooyi is from India and that's one huge market, so she's untouchable. Giving America "the finger" just isn't that big a deal. After all, everyone else is doing it.

This story was my first "big link" with Malkin, Hewitt, and Polipundit. It all started with a phone call. I received many comments, thousands of hits, as well as emails from troops in Iraq. The troops were just as upset as everyone here at home.

To refresh, here's the graduation speech Nooyi gave at Columbia Business School, where she gave America "the finger."

Here's her apology released through Pepsico.

The following links are my blog posts about this story. Many of the links are dead, so the ones above can be used for reference to her speech and later apology.

THINGS MIGHT BE GOING BETTER WITH...

THIRDWAVEDAVE CALLING...AGAIN

INDRA NOOYI--PEPSICO'S CFO

PEPSICO V. KERRY: WHO'S DUMBER?

POWERLINE COMMENTS ON NOOYI'S PROMOTION

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com